Janice Zeniou – Track Academy Education and Mentoring Coordinator
Janice graduated from university with a degree in Popular Music Performance. She has had over two years of experience delivering the hugely successful Mayor’s Mentoring Programme with Track Academy in several schools across the London Borough of Brent. She has also been teaching for the past 6 years in community choirs, theatre schools, primary and secondary schools.
Previously, she set up and ran an intergenerational community choir in the London Borough of Camden called, The Haven Harmonie, which appeared on the National 10 o’clock News on the BBC for a segment about community services for pensioners.
Alongside all of her work and studies, she has been a performing songwriter on the London unsigned scene for over 10 years and released her debut album in 2014 after a successful crowdfunding campaign. Off the back of this album, she toured Europe with the Red Bull Tours bus. She continues to collaborate and write for international artists.
Janice’s role is to coordinate and develop 2 main aspects of Track Academy: the Mentoring and Educational support programmes.
Mentoring at Track Academy: Did you know?
- 20 athletes have been supported with their own individual mentor
- Over 700 mentoring sessions have been delivered this year
- We have a team of 12 mentors and 5 peer mentors
- We offer individual and group mentoring workshops
- We offer an accredited Level 3 ASDAN qualification in mentoring training
- All mentoring is free of charge
- 100% of mentees have shown personal, educational and sporting development through the programme