Focussing on the carers in the community, Brent Gateway is creating opportunities for carers to devote time to their own physical and emotional well-being through movement. Offering a range of activities that carers can choose from to suit their individual interests and abilities, will ease the physical and emotional demands of caring. Creating a space for some ‘me-time’ Brent Gateway is creating opportunities through sports for all carers, both old and young.
– Increased energy, better sleep, learning something new, gaining confidence
– Allow them to think about themselves beside their constant carrying duties.
– Lockdown was really hard on carers
– Future health benefits
– 5 months – weekly run 4 groups of 2 hours
– Extra chair-based exercises aimed at older carers
– Drama and movement group, yoga sessions and community walks with refreshment